- Mcgoff & Byrne Makes A Splash With Sea Life Manchester Contract
- NHBC Pride in the Job Awards July 2012
- North West Regional Construction Awards 2012 June 12
- LABC Building Excellence Awards 2012
- Sustainability Workshop with Great Sankey High School
- M&B Support The Centre for Construction Innovation
- M&B Appointed to Design & Build Great Sankey High School
- M&B Awarded Customer First Creditation
- The future is bright for The University Of Salford
- McGoff & Byrne Awarded for Best Practice
- McGoff & Byrne Help Children’s Wishes Come True
- McGoff & Byrne unveils new nursey at Cloverlea Primary School
- McGoff & Byrne toasts two prestigious award wins
McGoff & Byrne Help Children’s Wishes Come True
10th November 2009
Over thirty McGoff & Byrne Directors and staff took part in The Christie’s organised bike ride from Manchester to Blackpool and raised an impressive £28,500 for both, ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ Children’s charity and ‘The Christie’.
The McGoff and Byrne team of cyclists completed the Manchester to Blackpool sixty mile bike ride, the largest organised bike ride in the North West, attracting over 9,000 cyclists.
The money raised by the McGoff and Byrne team of cyclists will help grant the wishes of children with life threatening illnesses, allowing them, for the duration of their Wish, to forget about doctors and hospitals and have the chance to smile, laugh and enjoy life like a child.
Olympic cyclist star, Victoria Pendleton, supported the McGoff & Byrne team of cyclists through a surprise visit, whilst the team were undertaking a training exercise in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Victoria, along with many words of encouragement, provided the team with a signed Olympic shirt to auction, in which the proceeds would be contributed to the charity.
James McGoff, Managing Director at McGoff & Byrne, who not only took part in the bike ride but also personally sponsored the team, commented:
“It was a challenge for everyone involved, but we all pulled together as a team and completed the sixty mile bike ride to Blackpool. I am delighted that so many people from McGoff & Byrne participated in the charitable event and as a consequence raised such a huge sum of money for such fantastic charities”
‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ is a small charity dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life threatening illnesses.
For more information about McGoff and Byrne or for details on how to donate to the charity ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ visit www.mcgoffandbyrne.co.uk or call 0161 927 2940.